Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AVAYA 9508 Appearance Button Fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue42comz

Programmer
Feb 27, 2012
AU
Hi All,

I have an intemmitent problem at a customers phone system.

System: AVAYA IPO500V2 with version 7.0(278401)
Lines: ISDN2 BRI (4 channels)
Handset: All AVAYA 9508 with R37

Scenario 1: Incoming call rings at Reception. Reception answers and then puts the call on hold (by pressing the HOLD softkey). Reception goes away and comes back and the call has dissappeared. However, after the hold recall timer expires, the call rings back to reception and can be answered and tranfered as per normal.

Scenario 2: During 20min test call with Reception. Scrolling between the 3 various screens and the 1st appearance button (which usually indicates current call) is not indicating an active call any more. However, on screen 3 I have line appearance buttons programmed and Reception can see the active call there.

Basically, it looks like the 9508 handset is loosing the currrent status indication on the appearance buttons.

Has anyone seen this before?
Do you have any ideas?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers

There are a number of issues with 9508 set at the moment, others have reported similar issue to you and they also can randomly freeze completely and require disconnecting and reconnecting to fix :)

True. I have had various issues with the 9508's...

- phone lock ups
- screeching noise thru speaker when phone receives a page (or auto answer)

Advise from tech support has been to upgrade to latest version. This has helped... but still have intermittent issues :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back