Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 6424D+M - Need Help!

KatyDVLRS

Technical User
Aug 8, 2024
US
Hello,

Business has about 13 Avaya 6424D+M phones. We can't find anyone in IT that is willing to help us out with them (the company that installed them for us is no longer in business). The computer we have the IP Office Manager & IP Voicemail Lite (version 2.1) installed on is nearing end of life. We'd like to get a new one, but are waiting until we can get IP Office and voicemail on a different computer. Could anyone help me out with this - even if remotely?

Thank you!

You are talking about a 20 years old system and phones, it means much more than any reasoable lifetime in the business world. Both the VoiceMail app and the management apps were though for WinXP or Win2003 server at those time, I wonder how a customer could imagine to make business today with a 20 years old infrastructure. Much more cheaper (and no waste time) to upgrade it all to the latest hw/sw.

I guess that is an IP Office 400 system?

Have a search online for "IP Office remote support" and although your system is very old the basics are the same as the current version.

The issue may be getting the 2.1 software as there could be issues in using later versions. If you are lucky you'll have the original CDs.

As your is so old you really need to speak to a local business partner about an upgrade to IP Office 500

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back