Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 6221 Analog Phone issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beatlesfan1

Programmer
Mar 25, 2009
US
Good day all; does anyone else have issues with the Avaya 6221 analog phone, primarily when you go off hook using the handset, the speakerphone automatically activates and the handset is rendered useless? I have at least 10 phones acting up like this, and they do not get a lot of usage, so it's not an abuse issue. Our users like the programmable button option, but these phones are pretty useless if you ask me.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

can you disable the 2 way speaker on the station form?

Thanks Joe. I do not see where I can disable the 2 way speaker (the "speaker" on page 4 is turned off anyhow). We are running this off of an Avaya S8700 platform. I tried changing the station type from 6220 to a 2500 set and there was no change, same symptoms occurred.
My hunch tells me it is something with the hardware, but what?
Something tells me this is fixable, but I haven't really come across anyone experiencing the same problems I am having.

Thanks again for responding Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back