Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 4610 handsets lose connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

threevalvematt

Technical User
Sep 21, 2003
US
Hi. I have a new Digium Switchvox that I had a vendor install for me. We have a systemic issue with our Avaya 4610 phones. We were able to get them all SIP flashed and working fine. However 4 or 5 people complain per day of being unable to call or receive calls on their phone.
The phone still has power and appears fine until you try to dial, either an internal extension or external phone number. You get a busy signal either way. If someone tries to call from the outside, it says the user is on the phone.
Unplugging the phone and plugging it back in fixes it everytime. Some people complain of this happening to them nearly once per day.
We’ve made a few changes to the 46xxsettings.txt file on our tftp server to try to fix this, but have been unsuccessful.
Anyone have any thoughts? I could upload my 46xxsettings.txt file if that's helpful.

Registration period? What is the timer set to on the phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back