Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 406 has partial communication issues with main site

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrizzlyOne

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2016
US
Hello,

I'm running into an odd issue where an Avaya 406 is not communicating fully to our main site's 406. We haven't made any changes to the phone system recently, and this just started about a week ago. I don't think it's a network issue since I can still open the configuration no problem from our side, and just to make sure I made a firewall rule that allowed any traffic between the two phone systems.

Basically what is no longer working is the advertised hunt groups on the remote system, as well as incoming call routes that are now failing because they don't see our main site's extensions. Also users on the remote side can't listen to their voicemails. I've tried rebooting both systems just to make sure, but that did nothing. You can still dial extensions no problem from either side though. Is there something else I can check? Thanks for the assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back