Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 3 Party Tapi and Windows SBS Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhadeshia

Technical User
Jun 22, 2007
GB
I am using Avaya 3rd Party Tapi on Windows SBS 2003
A Windows 2003 Terminal Server running Database that is using Tapi on SBS to connect to the IP Office.

All works ok until we reboot the IP Office.
After reboot Terminal Server is unable to look up the extensions on the IP Office.

If we go to SBS and try and restart the Telephony service to reload TAPI it will hang and only way to resolve this is to reboot the Windows SBS 2003 server.

I wonder if any one has come across this problem and found the fix.

Hi,

You cannot restart the Telephony service because of the dependancies of other services on this service.

It is a lot easier to go to the telephony settings in the control panel and remove the Avaya TAPI driver, click OK and then add the Avaya TAPI driver, it will reregister to the IP Office without rebooting the server.

Hope this helps

Hi intrigrant

Thank you for you tip, I tried this on our system and it works, this will save me lots of time as SBS server's can take 20 min to shutdown and 20 min to restart.
I will try this on customer site tomorrow, as their server needs to be up 24/7 this tip will be very good.
Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back