Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 2050pc softphone keeps on restarting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shivrohi

Technical User
May 22, 2020
CA
Hi Everyone

I have a user whose phone keeps on restarting everytime the user click any button on it. I have checked everything, checked and verified the settings with other users also, but found no issues. So could someone please tell me why such thing is hapening ?

Regards

Rohit Khajuria

by restarting do you mean the application shuts down and comes back up or just the registration process restarts (Logs in to PABX again)?

To me is sounds like they are not connected to your network when trying to launch. If they don't have consistent connectivity, this can happen. If I drop my VPN session, my 2050 will still look like it working. It will actually state it is running in cached mode. If I press a button, it will go look for the server. If not connected to VPN, it will go Server Unresponsive, or something like that. When I reconnect, or my connectivity is restored, problem goes away.

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

Hi @Firebird Scrambler - No, It is a newly configured phone only. I did not update or re-installed it.

@bignose21 - Yes, application shuts down and comes back up continuously.

@janaya - The user is connected to the network through the VPN, but I am also suspecting the network issue.

If connected via VPN, you need to make sure you have all your IP ports opened, that are required for this to work. You can search for CS1000 Port matrix and it will let you know what must be open. How is the connection when actually in the office on the local network.

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.

Public Profile

HI janaya

Thanks for your inputs and suggestions.

We are suspecting the issue with the users's network as it is switching over to IPV6 frequebntly as connected through Wi-Fi.
We suggested the user to use the ethernet and check.

Ya. The 2050 is pretty dumb, right. Point it to the right Node IP put in the TN and go. I am assuming you have other 2050's on your network. If you are using the Red version, you need a license. If you are using the Blue version you don't. The only problem with the Blue version is sometimes with SIP enabled services, you will lose DTMF when connecting. Other than that you could use that. The drawback for the Red version is you need a license server for these.

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.

Public Profile

Hi Janaya

Thanks for your comment !!

And yes, we are using RED and we have a license server also in the environment.
We changed the system of the user and make it use IPV4 only and hopefully did not hear anything from th user for a long time now. Crossing the fingers :p

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back