Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 1120SS TSG Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

motox2

Programmer
Jun 21, 2007
GY
ok so i have some TSG 1120SS phones and for the life of me cant figure out why they are not getting power when i connect to an Avaya 4550-PWR switch. If i take the same phone over to an older 470 series PWR switch, the phone comes up just fine, but the newer 4550-PWR switch will not power the phone. And for those of you itching to ask, yes POE is enabled because my standard 1120E phones comes up just fine on my 4550. A friend of mine tried the 1120SS phone on an even newer 5xxx series ERS switch and nothing. Is there a newer firmware perhaps for the Avaya 1120SS phones that anybody knows of? or is this something else entirely? I did figure out how to manually get the phone to boot up by holding down the reset button on the back, but that doesnt exactly work very well aside getting it to take power at the very least. Im guessing it will be a firmware issue on the CS1000 for the IP Phones, but if anybody has any ideas please advise. thank you kindly

I never seen a 1120 TSG before in person, would love to see a few pictures of that (or send one over my way lol jk, but if you could lol [bigsmile])

If I remember correctly can you configure power priority on those Avaya switches. You may want to check that on the port you are plugging it into and raise it to high or critical. If it works on the other switch 4700 series, I have to assume its something on the switch side than a phone issue.

"Power dissipation: IEEE Power Class 3. 100 Mbps—6 watts idle; 8 watts full utilization (not including cable loss)

The TSG phones are modified with additional circuits. It is possible that it needs more power than an 1120E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back