Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avast Anti-Virus is.. a virus?! 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

iambob

Programmer
Apr 13, 2021
US
Greetings, I've come to say that Avast Anti-Virus is a virus its self. It has tabs with no ability for you to close out of, and tracks your data, and installs its self through other malware. It doesn't show up in task manager to close, so you have to completely uninstall the software to use it.

Very annoying to find that one of the most popular anti-virus softwares of all time is a virus.

Just use MalwareBytes kids... stay safe out there.

Sincerely,
Bob Space

I used to love Avast and do still use it on occasion but during the install you have to uncheck over half of the "features" it has to use it. Makes me sad to see a great AV fall so far. Also a +1 for MBAM.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

For real. MB is by far the best anti-virus out there.

Sincerely,
The Thunderbird

I think it's irresponsible to say things like product XYZ is a virus. Especially an anti-virus program! It might be a lousy product and/or it might contain a lot of optional products that have their installation checked as default. But that's not a virus. Look at Adobe Acrobat Reader. They try to bundle Mcafee or whatever program of the month when you download the installer. Same thing with CCleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back