Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avantgo problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2002
GB
I have an iPAQ 1940 with Pocket Pc2003 on it
I was trying to install Avantgo on it and connect it to the avantgo server thingies.

I can see on the Avantgo website that I have subscribed to a couple of channels (BBC news etc) but when I open up the IE browser I get an error message
"The page you are looking for cannot be found."

I'm synched to my work PC - and we go through a proxy server to get to the net.

I've tried resynching many times and get no result.
I've tried Google groups to no avail so far, and the Avantgo website is neither use nor ornament

Please can anyone help?
many thanks
lynne

Hello,

When you say "I open up the IE browser" do you mean the one on your iPaq? It may be that your company's firewall is blocking your iPaq from browsing the net over the ActiveSync connection because it's not one of their "permitted machines". I have the same problem here, I can view web sites on my work PC but not on the PDA that's sync'ed to it.

I also find that the company firewall blocks the port that the PDA uses to download AvantGo content, so I can't refresh it from work (I can't refresh it from home either, but that's only because I haven't figured out how to open that port on my home firewall!).

Nelviticus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back