Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

available_media problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

360Highlander

IS-IT--Management
Sep 9, 2004
US
Running NetBackup Datacenter 4.5 on a Windows 2000 Server box.

Came in this morning and ran available_media like I always do. I didn't notice that the cygwin window that I run it in was all messed up (command typed out in the middle of the screen, output was messed up too). I closed out the window.

Opened a new window and tried to run it again, and got this message:
Administrator@360tempserv /cygdrive/g/Program Files/Veritas/NetBackup/bin
$ ./available_media.cmd
You are already running Available_Media.
Try again later.
-------
I have already rebooted the machine twice, I've tried to kill it with pskill (says available_media is not running), and continue to get this message. ARe there any other processes or services I should try killing or starting and stopping?

Thanks in advance.

I don't use this program, but having said that, you may want to check for any files that the program creates and delete them. Perhaps the program checks for the existence of an output file and exits the program if it finds one.

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and thats the truth

That was it, thanks. The name of the file is

AM.%USERNAME%.lok

located in
C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Local Settings\Temp

I deleted the file and the program now runs.

Thanks

Thank you for the update and solution. I marked it with a star so that other people that may have this problem will be able to better see the solution.

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and thats the truth

Hi,
I have NBU 4.5 MP6 installed and am looking to install media server s/w on linux redhat ES 3.4. However I believe 4.5 FP6 is needed as a minimum patch level for this OS.

I don't particularly want to upgrade my master at the moment so my question is this.

Is anybody running 4.5 FP6 media server s/w with a 4.5 MP6 Master, and if so, is it working ?

Many thanks - Darren

Darren,
You may get more help if you repost this under another subject line. May I suggest, "mixing 4.5MP6 & 4.5FP6".

I have not tried this, but I don't think it will work. This may be an excellent opportunity to go to NetBackup 5.x

Bob Stump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back