Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Available vs. Default Parameter - Works in Preview but not from the Report Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReportSmithing

Programmer
Apr 15, 2005
US
I have a weird problem I would like to have resolved. I create reports for our ADP Enterprise V3 application (or PeopleSoft) using an Oracle 9.2 backend database. I created a report that has a parameter that uses two stored procedures. The avaiable selection returns all paygroups that the user is allowed to see. The second procedure sets the default to the paygroup of the user.

This runs perfectly in Preview mode. Once the report is deployed however, the default is not selected...only blank check boxes.

What I have tried so far...
1. Made sure that in Report Manager, under Properties, the "Has default" is checked.
2. Changed alias of the procedures so the two procedures were not the same.
3. Used distinct in both procedures and made sure that nulls were not returned.
4. Tried using a stored procedure for the available selection and a text query for the default and vise versa.
5. Copied procedure for available and pasted in procedure for default - this worked where all selections were checked.
6. Set available to None and the default worked, but this again led to all selections being checked and not the paygroup of user.
7. Removed the "where" statement in the query for default and it worked, but again all selections are checked.

I have found no solutions on the internet and even have members of my IT staff working on this, but they are as confused as I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back