Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Available SNMP alarms for S8700

Status
Not open for further replies.

degsy99

Vendor
Oct 21, 2004
GB
Can anyone advise if the following alrms can be generated via SNMP?

CPU Failure
Call Server Failure
Digital Trunk Failure
Analogue Trunk Failure
IP extension Failure
Analogue extension Failure

Thanks.

depends. for warning alarms i do not think they will get sent to the web interface for it to be sent via SNMP. it is possible to have Avaya go in and of course for a nice fee, 'set options" on certain objects to minor which will meet the minimum criteris. OR you could always get a system that will pull the alarms off the linux, i use such a system & it work great.

How do you pull the alarms directly from the Linux platform. I have set the Trap Manager on the 8700 web page to send SNMP alerts to HP Openview without any success.

There are a few ways to do this. We use the AIM 3.0 to accomplish these things (Fault and performance manager) in conjunction with the Avaya NMS and HPOpenview.

Are you trying to do this without some intermediary software? If so you will probably only get the Server side traps not all the CM information. The CM alarms will not be usable without a proxy of some kind.

You may find some of the shell commands here to be usefull in configuring the SNMP etc.

Yes that is the scenario, I can get platform alarms, but not the CM alarms. Is the IM produt easy to configure in order to send all Snmp alerts to a system such as Openview?

you will not get SNMP alerts from warning alarms without having something log into the PBX & pull the info out from the "display alarms" log. i use IRISnGEN myslef & it works wonderfully.

I found IM easy to implement however I have heard many others say it is actually quite difficult. Depends on your working knowledge of CM and Avaya products as well as your skill in linux.

IMO it is worth the effort and the money. As stated above other software suites are out that will do much the same thing....I prefer Avaya but Irisgen and Alarmtrax also will do what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back