Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Available Agent with Calls in Queue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KerTho

Technical User
Oct 13, 2003
US
We have a situation were an available agent has the correct skill code assigned. However, the agent does not get the calls which are in queue. We have the system set up as EAS-PHD. Any help, please?

does he have a bigger skill level than the other agents ?

It appears the skill level is set the same for all agents

Did you just add this skill for the agent? Agents must log out/log in for a skill change to take effect if the change was made while they were logged in.

Susan
"'I wish life was not so short,' he thought. 'Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about.'"
- J. R. R. Tolkien, The Lost Road

Agents do not have to log out for the skill change to take effect, they have to be in either an aux or available state.

Check if their 'call handling preference' is set to 'skill-level'.

Maybe something has changed since release 1.3; but if you use the cha agent command, there is a note at the bottom of the screen:

WARNING: Agent must log in again before skill changes take effect.

Susan
"'I wish life was not so short,' he thought. 'Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about.'"

We had this problem on an EPN that was connected via DS1-Converter. There were calls in queue, we could see agents available on the remote EPN, but there were no available time-slots to get the calls to those agents.

Probably not the same problem, but maybe something to look at.

Are these agents receiving calls for other skills, or are they not receiving any calls at all?

How is the agent's skill profile set up? Is he/she a reserve level agent or a skill level agent? Is the skill a high volume skill?

I've seen instances where the Estimated Wait Time algorithm doesn't predict EWT well enough because the skill is a very low volume skill. A low volume skill doesn't provide the switch with enough historical data for EWT predictions. Because of this miscalculation, Reserve Level agents sat idly while a queue built.

As far as the skill changes go, if you add/change/remove a skill from an agent id through the PBX, the agent will have to logout and login to have the change take affect.

If you make the change through CMS or CMS Supervisor, it will happen as soon as the agent is off of a call.

Can you post a copy of the agent's id here?

I would also post a copy of an agent id that is working. It would probably be a good comparison.

As a note, if you're looking at CMS reports sometimes you'll notice that there is a call in queue even though there is an available agent. This is usually due to a call ringing at an agent's phone, but the agent hasn't actually answered yet. If you see that a call is waiting in queue, but also see that there are available agents, check the list of agents and you should see at least 1 agent with a state of "Ringing." The call is still considered to be waiting in queue until the agent actually answers the call.

Marcell55, thank you for that bit of information on skill changes. I know that you can change skill sets through CMS, but I've always done my changes through the PBX. I'll keep this in mind next time I need to make a change "right now!".

Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back