Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AV Recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCullen

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2002
GB
Hi

We have just setup a new domain and I'm looking for some Antivirus Recomendations

Server 1 is File and Print Sharing
Server 2 is Exchange 2007
Server 3 is Live Terminal Server
Server 4 is Test Terminal Server

the majority of our users have Wyse thin clients and we have a handfull of laptop users

The Base OS on the Servers is Windows 2003 64Bit, Laptops are a mix of XP and Vista

In the past we have allways gone for Symantec AV but I find that this slows everything down

We don't need email scanning as we have a hardware device that cleans out all the spam and viruses

So I'm looking for something that will cover all of the above but has minimal impact on system performance

any thoughts?

Thanks

Michael

I haven't used it on Exchange but for everything else we use NOD32 it's very light, we moved to it from Symantec and i've found it to be a better product.

Yeah NOD32 is very good.

Paul
MCSE

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein

Trend Messinging Server for SMB is about 150.00 per user out of the box and 40 a year to carry..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back