Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aux port on Partner ACS 18D

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevyman1

Technical User
Apr 5, 2006
US
Hi,

It has been my understanding that I can use the AUX port next to the line port for analog devices. I plugged in a fax machine into the AUX port, came off hook with the handset and drew dial tone on Line 1. Then I sent a fax, the fax machine tried to draw dial tone but landed on the line 1 over the handset off hook. Is their a way to get the analog device to grab a spare line?

The analog device is bridged onto the voice pair of the Partner phone, so it's going to do whatever the Partner phone is programmed to do.

I am out of station ports, how can I install a fax into the system? Can I use the AUX port with the phone with the intent on users cannot use the telephone during a fax?

I realize that the AUX port is for analog devices, but you cannot use the phone when you are using those devices. CC machine, fax, etc?

You can not use the Partner phone while the single line device uses the Aux port - unless the single line device is something like a cordless phone or headset that is used to be a cordless "extension" of the Partner phone.

Plan B, which used to be Plan A, would be to extend the Fax line to an RJ11c jack next to the fax machine. A skilled Telephone technician, can do this x-connect in a hour then there would be no-conflict.

Quick question...the phone in question is a Partner 18D. The 18D will work with several Partner phone systems as well as the Merlin Legend and Magix.

If the system has a Partner ACS revision 5 or newer, and, the system is not fully built out, an expansion card could be added to increase the station count. The three available cards that add station ports are:

206EC (2 Lines x 6 Extensions...very old model)
308EC (3 Lines x 8 Extensions)
012EC (0 Lines x 12 Extensions)

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back