Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoUpgrade/Update via ePO

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQLePO

Technical User
Aug 14, 2002
GB
I am having problems with updates and upgrades on our servers. A breif description of my environment/problems: We have servers all round the country running Netshield and Groupshield. I have upddate tasks and upgrade tasks schelduled to point at the same share (Avupdate$) but none of them are working. I have agent to server communication because they pick up SOME of the policies that I specify from ePO. I have manually updated some of the servers so that the engine has been updated but some are still at a DAT version of May 2000, the rest that I have manually done are at Feb 2003. How can I get my Feb 2003 DATs to update and the others to UpGrade to the new SuperDAT????

Any ideas will be much appreciated as I am rapidly losing my temper with NAI products and can't get through to support!!!

Do your NetShield servers have the domain\account info to be used to connect to your share? The other thing you will need to do is give that user account Log On As a Batch Job. That was the issue I ran into on my NetShield servers.

Have you tried NAI's PrimeSupport page? (mysupport.nai.com) There you can log a case with NAI and they are usually very quick to respond.

Good luck!

VictorySabre,

Thanks for your response, I will test a few things out with accounts but It has worked in the past and I was more concerned whther or not I had the correct files in the share. For test purposes I have given everyone Full control anyway and Netsheild is configured to use logged in account.

With the logged in account specified for NetShield, that would require that someone has already logged on to the server everytime an update is scheduled to execute.

If you specify an account to use that is a member of your domain, then the servers don't need to be logged on for the updates to work...ie...so they can run in the background.

As for files in the share, I usually have the DAT*.ZIP, delta.ini, sdat*.exe, the incremental files, and the update.ini file...basically files found on NAI's FTP site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back