Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoUpdate not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadajoe

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2006
CA
I have AutoUpdate Architect installed on a server and have a bunch of servers pointing to a local repository for updates. i also have alert manager installed on the same server and have set myself to get notified of errors. Systems have stopped updating a couple of weeks ago and I don't know why. I have checked the autoupdate log and there is no attempt to update that failed, just the entry for the last successful update. I am not getting notified because there is no error when it updates. If I manually do an update it completes fine. I have it set to update every day but it doesn't run unless I do it manually. I changed the time on one to see if a change would make it start working but still nothing. Has anyone else had this happen? It has been working for months with no changes to the server. Any idea on how to troubleshoot?

Have you tried to delete and recreate the autoupdate policy? I had this problem when using ePO, but don't know if it'll help with AA.

How do you delete and recreate the policy? Is it done locally on the system that isn't updating? I configured the settings through the console as far as scheduling.

I would assume you do it from the AA console, but i've not used AA so I can't say for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back