Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autoselecting Roll when plotting 1:1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenclaimy

MIS
Jan 22, 2004
GB
I used to have this feature, Roll used to automatically select when I selected 1:1 dimension for plotting.

My PC has been reinstalled and plotter set up from scratch - I no longer have this setting and am therefore unable to print 1:1

The plotter is a HP designjet 800, the network card has been recently changed. I am running AutoCAD LT 2000 in WinXP Pro SP2

PLease advise if you can

Thanks

Hi Ken,

Since nobody's chimed in on this one, I think the settings you are referring to are located in the windows printer drivers themselves, and you set the printer to choose which roll to use. The printer usually determines the correct roll based on the incoming plot size.

Short of this, maybe you had some custom printer functionality (either home brewed or third party?)

Sorry if that's no help.

Todd

Thanks - maybe I need to create a custom size called roll?

Are there any other ways to set up a plotter to print 1:1?

Ken

Hi Ken,

I'm not sure what you mean. When I set up plotters, I usually just use the factory defaults - for the printer/plotter (not the defaults from AutoCAD). Then, it's just a matter configuring my AutoCAD PC3 file to make the plot look the way I want, but I always plot from paperspace at a scale of 1:1, and the printer/plotter decides the most efficient use of the paper (either cut sheet or roll).

HTH
Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back