Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autorun sorta not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrum

Programmer
May 17, 2002
US
I have a comp lab filled with WinXP Home edition PCs.

I am finding that when I place CDs with autorun.inf files on them that the drive icon in Explorer reflects the icon value in the autorun.inf but it is not running the open command in the inf.

I've checked:

hkcu\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\Policies\Explorer\NoDriveTypeAutoRun=91

...and...

hklm\system\currentcontrolset\services\cdrom\autorun=1

One thing to note...I been reading about issues with autorun on PCs that had Roxio EasyCD Creator on them.

As these comp lab PCs do not have burners in them, I uninstalled Roxio from the PCs but stil cannot get autoruns to properly 'run'.

Any ideas on what to do?

TIA

=============================
Sean Shrum - Shrum Consulting
Blog: Code: Consulting: Updates:

Autorun for CDrom not functioning...
thread779-639841

Removable drive automatically opens up the drive - Can I stop this?
thread779-1054103

Autoplay Repair Wizard

Some articles on Autrun.inf might be useful to you. Adapt the information where necessary to apply to the file on your drive.

How to Test Autorun.inf Files

172078 - HOWTO: Enable Autorun for Applications Distributed on CD- ROM

818804 - HOW TO: Create an Autorun CD-ROM for Applications That You Create by Using Microsoft Visual Studio .NET

330135 - The AutoRun or AutoPlay Feature Does Not Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back