Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autorun macro on change of cell value

Status
Not open for further replies.

drazeni

Programmer
Apr 21, 2001
ZA
I have a macro recorded which I need to autorun when a specific cell in the spreadsheet changes (dropdown box).

Unfortunately I cannot find a method to run this macro automatically when the cell value changes.

Anyone got any ideas?

"All is not as it seems"

Hi drazeni,

You will need to put your code in the Worksheet Change event. In the Sheet's Code Module, select Workshhet from the dropdown at the top left and Change from the one at the right. Put your code inside the (generated) procedure possibly subject to a test that Target intersects with your cell(s).

if you have any further questions on this, do please post back but they really belong in the VBA Forum

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at [url=http://www.vbaexpress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back