Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autoreply always

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggeroo

Technical User
Apr 5, 2001
DK
Hi

How do I set up an autpreply for an e-mail address?

Specifically, I want to arrange it so that every time a mail is sent to a specific address, the server replies with a standard message. I thought about using the Out of Office reply, but that only gets sent once to each sender. and I want it to reply every time, regardless of whether or not the sender has sent mail to the address before.

This HAS to be possible :)

You can't do it from the server.

How to do it with Outlook Express

Now for Outlook

Q248830 OL2000: (IMO) Emulate the Out of Office Assistant

Q260987 OL2000: (CW) Emulate the Out of Office Assistant
Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

I thought I remembered seeing something on Technet or the support site that said you could setup an Inbox autoreply rule on the server. So, is this correct or did I mis-read something.
My idea is I want to setup an email box that does nothing but autoreply to emails with instructions on approved downloads, once purchased.
Unfortunately, setting it up in Outlook is not practical nor does it work if I'm not on the network (unless I'm doing something wrong).
Thoughts?

Thanks,
DTMan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back