Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

autopopulate from a combobox with a lookup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosk00

Technical User
Mar 5, 2004
US
I have a form with a combobox that uses a lookup to get a company name from a linked table to a different database. The lookup is 5 columns wide, with the first column being the one that is bound. What I would like to happen is that after a company is picked that on the afterupdate that information from some of the other columns to fill in other fields on the form. The combobox name is Company. I tried to use
Code:
Me![T01DESM] = Me![Company].column(3)
in the afterupdate event, but recieve the following error [red]The expression After Update you entered as the event propery setting produced the following error: The object dosn't contain the Automation object 'Me.'.[/red]. If this can be made to work, how would it be set to fill in multiple fields. Thank You

Alan
Senility at its finest

The AfterUpdate event must be a procedure.
Click the ellipsis (...) and write your code.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Thanks PH, That was the answer, I was trying to put the code right on the line, not in an event. A well deserved star.

Alan
Senility at its finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back