Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autoplay list of programs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinking

Programmer
Apr 3, 2003
GB
How can i add my own files to choose in the autoplay form whne i insert a CD. For example I use Zoom Player to play my media files not media player. How would I place Zoom Player in the autoplay list of programs?

I hope that i have explained this OK.

Thanks for the time and help Martin.

P.S. I don't mean autorun.

Normally, Windows prompts you to choose an action each time you insert a CD or DVD—your options might include displaying the contents of the CD in Windows Explorer, playing an audio CD or DVD in Windows Media Player or another application, or transferring digital photos to your My Pictures folder. The menu that appears when you insert a CD is dynamic, and its choices are determined by the content on the CD and the applications installed on your computer. When you insert an audio CD, for instance, Windows offers you the choice of playing the CD with each of your installed media player programs that has registered itself as being capable of playing music CDs.

To increase your selections, do the following:

1. In the application, register it with Windows as playing the file extensions you desire as the default player;
2. Do this for each player application;
3. In Windows Explorer, right-click a file for each media extension type, Properties, select Open With, a select the default player for each media type.

Thanks for the help bcastner.
Can you explain step one for me a little more as i do not know how to register programs for example cd burning software. Is the registration conpleted in the app itself or in windows.

martinking,

Usually in the app itself. There should be some checkboxes to associate the program with different file types.

You can do this manually in Windows Explorer,Tools,Folder Options, but it is decidedly tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back