Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoOpen on a word document

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2005
US
Here is my main problem. I have created a word document where users will click on hyperlinks to navigate their way through the document...a choose your own adventure if you will. In order for this to look and function at its best, I found that the print preview with the magnifier option turned off does a pretty good job. So I set up the following macro to run when the document is opened.

Code:
Sub AutoOpen()
'
' Full_Page_View Macro
' Open Document in Print Preview with Web Toolbar and No Magnifier
'
    ActiveDocument.PrintPreview
    CommandBars("Web").Visible = True
    ActiveDocument.ActiveWindow.View.Magnifier = False

End Sub

Is there a better way to do what I'm trying to accomplish? I have concerns that I can't control the security level the user has set with respect to macros. If the user's security setting is at Low then no problem, Medium then they have to click to allow, High then no chance....

Thanks for any advice.

There is nothing you can do about it. The security levels determine whether code runs or not. You can not change the security level by code (it would be pretty darn useless if you could....), so there you have it. If the level is High...the level is High. It is a constraint on using code to navigate.

Could you describe your document more? What exactly is the navigational issue? First of all, there are alternatives to navigation using hyperlinks. Or there could be, even with be able to use code. But what is it that you need to make available for the user?

Gerry

The document has an opening page with three different options. If the user clicks on option A it goes to Bookmark A, if the user clicks B it goes to Bookmark B and so on. There are hundreds of hyperlinks to bookmarks (one bookmark per page) so that the user can navigate where they please. It is basically a website rolled into one Word doc that is about 90 pages.

I am still can not seem to get what the real issue is. If these are hyperlinks, then you can press Ctrl and click on them...and you go to the bookmark. What is the problem again?

No...don't tell me....hmmm..... you want the user to just be able to click in the link, just like a REAL web page?

Gerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back