Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autonumber Textbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

dukew42

IS-IT--Management
Dec 1, 2007
US
First - this is the greatest resource I've found for answers to Visual Basic....keep up the super work

QUESTION: I want to put a textbox on a VB form - I want that text box to display an automatic customer number and update each time the form is accessed.

HOW??? CODE???

Danke

Hi and welcome to Tek-Tips. Read faq222-2244 carefully to find how get the best from these forums. Let us know if this is a homework question (which it looks like).

You may need to think out your question a bit more clearly. When you say < each time the form is accessed. > do you mean each time the form is loaded, or each time the form is activated or after every new data access? Is this a single or multi user app? Do you have a database behind the app? Is it always run on a single machine?

When your thoughts are clear on that, do a forum search for 'ADO' (for DB usage), search for 'GetSettings' for registry use and search for 'INI' for text file access.

If you then get stuck on a specific point use the FAQ to help you construct a specific question, and we will do our best to help.

Steam Engine Prints

As John says, "accessed" is a bit ambiguous. But "update" is equally so. Please clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back