Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automount NFS Filesystem help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSiva

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2002
US
Hi All

Can somebody tell me how to automount a NFS fielsystem?

Here is my auto.master

/f760 /etc/auto.f760 --timeout=300

and auto.f760 is

f760 -fstype=nfs,rw,soft 10.72.72.230:/vol/vol2

after restarting the autofs..still am not getting when i do ls /f760

help pls..

Siva

-------------------------------------
JSiva
Network Appliance Inc. (jsknair@yahoo.com

are you trying to mount an exported file system from other server/system? if so, check if it's really exported from the other server under /etc/exports file. next, from you server - verify /etc/fstab. it should include the exported file system from the other system.

Sure. First make sure what you are trying to mount is exported. type `showmount -e {server}` The server must be either a name or ip address. If the "SHARE" is exported, then you most likely can mount it.

Second, the auto.fs itself. You must decide where you want the automount to mount exported filesystems. Solaris uses net, linux use /misc. I changed it to use /net to be consistent with Solaris. Anyway, look at the file /etc/auto.master. In auto.master, the dir that you want to use for autofs is defined there.

thirdly, the file that you use to define your mounts. If you use the default of /misc, then auto.master will have the misc dir defined. Make sure it is not commented out. In the file called auto.misc (also defined in the auto.master is the definition of the automount file). The auto.misc (whatever the file you use) will have mount definitions. Look at the current auto.misc there will be examples.

Lastly, whenever you make changes to either auto.master or auto.misc you need to restart autofs. A simple `service autofs restart` or `service autofs reload` will work.

I have a script that I wrote that you pass in the NFS server, and it will go add all of the exports for you and restart autofs.
If you want the script, just email me and I can email it to you.

>---------------------------------------Lawrence Feldman
SR. QA. Engineer SNAP Appliance
lfeldman@snapappliance.com

Hi

I got my automount working when i added retry option.

Thanks for the help.

Siva

-------------------------------------
JSiva
Network Appliance Inc. (jsknair@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back