Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

automatted telnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjbradford

Technical User
Dec 14, 2007
GB

I have downloaded the source from the above site and compiled it to connect to one of my routers, working great, however i'm not a csharp man but have a few questions,

how can I add /u root /p secret to pass through to the telnet connection.

also the connection flashes by on the screen then quits is it possilbe to make it interactive ?

i'm happy to ware the dunce hat if required.

Terry

if I understand the code correctly. the real work is done by the TelNet object. the example code for sending username and password are provided in the blog post. review CiscoNoEnable.getConfig() to see how the username and password are provided.

it "flashes by" because the system dumps the results to the console and then exits. the command line optio "<" reads the console and dumps to the file.

console applications are not meant to be interactive. in most scenarios you pass in a series of arguments, run the process, and exit.

Jason Meckley
Programmer

faq855-7190
faq732-7259

Status
Not open for further replies.