Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automation to prepare tapes for offsite depending on expiration date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zookolo

Technical User
Sep 11, 2007
GB
Greetings all,

Every Monday I send weekend tapes offsite. At the moment I manually check the expiration dates and work out what tapes have been written to over the weekend then retrieve them from the auto-changer.

I have a feeling I could use mminfo to display the tapes for me. Looking at the command line ref it doesn’t look as obvious as I thought.

Does anyone have a template script that I could work on to try automate the above, or point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Hi,

mminfo is pretty straight forward when you have been working with it for a while. You will need to set up a query with -q and a report with -r. You want to query save sets that has been written since last friday? You want a report on what tapes have been written to? This is simply entered as:

mminfo -q "savetime>=last friday" -r volume

Now you can start adding more to the query if you want to be more specific, ie only tapes that has been written to pool Default too:

mminfo -q "savetime>=last friday, pool=Default" -r volume

Do some testing and you will find out how to construct your query correct. Have a look at the mminfo and nsr_getdate man pages for more info.

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back