Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automation Error - Object has diconnected from Clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

Learnerprog

Programmer
Apr 21, 2004
US
Hello All,
One of my user all the sudden got this error message "Automation Error - Object has diconnected from Clients". This is the first time I've ever seen it. Any ideas how to fix it. Thank you very much.

Where do they get the error? I've seen that in a couple of different areas. The most common was when trying to access a recordset that was closed from a Crystal Report.

macleod1021,

xlbo has sent his telepathical answer from thread707-1234036 1h 42min before you. Didn't you receive that? Maybe he should upgrade the transmiter cause I 've also sensed a low signal on 123,456,789.01 THz

Learnerprog,

faq222-2244.

Error occurs when user try to pull up the calendar in the application. BTW, this apps is written in VB 6.0. Thanks,

ya know...I knew if I took my Radio Shack Spock Ears in for servicing I'd miss something. I have them back now, and I'll NEVER take them off again :p

Since it's happening on only one PC, then I would tend to believe that it's a problem with that particular PC's DLL. They probably installed some nifty new app that has a different version of the date time picker in it and it over wrote yours. You have 2 choices.

1) Fire the person who installed the new software and uninstall it.

2) Fire the person who installed the new software and upgrade the date time picker in your app and role it out to everyone.

I "guess" you could do it without firing the person...but where's the fun in that :p

He's probably using a Calendar control instead of the DateTimePicker. The Calendar control has been flakey for years, and doesn't seem to improve much. Change to DateTimePicker or the Monthview control, depending on how you want it to look

good point john. I never use the actual calendar control because of that. It's been dead to me for a long time. That's why I didn't even think of that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back