Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

automation and BO

Status
Not open for further replies.

achowe

Programmer
Aug 4, 2003
GB
Is there anyway in BO to use the same query to produce the same report on a regular basis, but using different tables/data each time? i.e. without having to produce the query each time.

Cheers

What exactly is your requirement??? Provide more details of your current situation.

Sri

OK........basically I will be running a report schedule every week using the same queries and the same tables each time........i really want to know if there is a way of saving queries within BO so all I need to do is alter them when required.

Are you doing a Free Hand SQL report??? Also there is an edit SQL option in the QP. I don't know any way of storing the SQL within BO but all BO reports have an associated SQL which you can see through that option. When required you can modify that or add or delete objects in QP the SQL will be regenerated.

Sri

So you can choose the Edit SQL option and change the required thing as per your needs.

Sri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back