Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automating "Shut" for User Interface on Cisco 3750

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITGUY53

MIS
Feb 6, 2003
US
We implement a variety of security to prevent users to plug in unknown devices into the network (port security, mac sticky, snmp mac notification, logs, end user training, etc) but as it seems to be a failing battle when it comes to shutting down our ports when not in use.

Question: Is there somewhere in the CLI where we can automate/schedule to shut down user interfaces on a switch when it goes "notconnect" for 3-5 days?

Thanks!

This is where 802.1x port-based authentication comes into play. The port will only pass EAPOL traffic so that the device is authenticated against RADIUS. If authentication fails then they don't get access to the network. You can use MAC Authentication Bypass for devices such as printers that don't support 802.1x.

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back