Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

automating photo entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

c3media

MIS
Sep 24, 2005
US
I have to enter possible thousands of images into an online database. A time consuming component requires me to browse to each photo in order to then upload it. Is there a method that would allow me to drag & drop the photo onto an ASP page and then have the page code automatically determine the location of the image on my PC. Second, can I create an ASP page that would automatically resize and compress an image (a la Photoshop), and then upload it to an access database. thanks.

Drag and drop is a client-side operation so that portion of the request is not a job for a server-side technology like ASP. An ActiveX object embedded in the page and installed on the client machine is probably the easiest way.

As for the second question... it is possible. Searching on "pure asp upload" should get you to the point where you've go the file's byte array to manipulate in server-side script... Next you'll search on "ado appendchunk access blob" to learn how to stuff this binary data into your access database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back