Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automating PDF Exporting [CR11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

0sprey

Technical User
May 9, 2015
CA
I share output from CR11 reports using PDF files that I save to a network shared folder.

When I refresh data for a given report, I will Export the PDF to the shared folder, overwriting the previous PDF, so that all are seeing the current condition.

I perform this task very frequently for many reports.

Can this task be automated in some way using a formula or other technique ?

For example:

Could a control be placed in the Header of the report that, when pressed, would Export the PDF (save / over-write) to the network share.

You will need some additional software, because the Crystal Reports designer doesn't support any automation. I would look at schedulers. Here is a link to my annual review of desktop schedulers:

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Thanks for this response... I am glad to know that there was no option for me using CR11 only. It is very tough to bring new applications to the corporate network I an on so I will continue using my current methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back