Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automating mail.box maintenance 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4ilm4n

IS-IT--Management
Dec 22, 2004
US
Hi all - has anyone set up an automated process for mail.box maintenance? I'm thinking of a process where you stop smtp and router, run fixup and compact, then restart router and smtp. I'm trying to preempt mail.box corruption....

TIA
John
Domino 7.0.1

2 main options: You can schedule each task in the Domino Administrator 'Programs'
or
Trigger a batch file with the needed commands from the same area (Administrator 'Programs')...

The easiest is probably to schedule each task as separate program tasks, but there could and would be some 'dead' time there...
With using a batch file it becomes slightly more complex to set up, but is more effective in the time usage; The 'dead' time can be as good as eliminated...

Brgds,

TrooDOS

Thanks! I've been messing with the batch file, but it needs some tweaking before release into production - I just couldn't remember where to fire it off from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back