Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automating Datasource Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

davew123

Programmer
Feb 14, 2005
GB
Hello

I have a number of reports which connect to a datasource (ODBC DB) which I intend to split into two seperate sources. This will mean identifying each report using this datasource and amending them manually to use the two new datasources where tables are required from each.

I'll also need to amend the schedules within Enterprise for each of these reports.

Does anyone know of any way to automate this task?

Thanks for any help.

Go to my LINKS page to the RPT Management section:

There is a tool there called .rpt Inspector Enterprise which I think will do what you want. The original .rpt Inspector professional will probably do the first task, but the schedules update will require the Enterprise edition.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Thanks, Ken. Looks like that may do the trick, however, does it support Crystal 2008? - I see that Crystal XI is the latest supported version according to the documentation.

You would have to ask them. It also may work despite using the XI engine since the RPT files are compatible between XI and 2008 - although you may have to save them again in 2008 for them to run correctly in Enterprise. The vendor should know.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back