Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automating a task in Dreamweaver CS6 using snippets with variables, or script?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tablas

MIS
Sep 23, 2012
RS
Dear all,

On a page of my website i have to insert several tables each day, and then I put different text in each of them. Among that text, each table shows to visitors a unique number that i have to advance manually by one for each new table, and there is also a current date in each table.

As I would like to make this task easier, I do use a snippet that inserts a table with appropriate layout. But after that I still have to manually advance number in the table by one, and I have to edit snippet every day - to put in the current date.

Is there a way to put variables (number and date) in snippet? Or is there maybe an completely different approach to such an automation in Dreamweaver, that I could use to resolve this task?

Greetings,
Tablas

From where is the data coming that you are putting into tables?

Can you use a database?

Data is copy-paste from mail. Procesing data with database system is a huge task, that has to wait for the future. Reality is, that I need just something simple now to make thing easier for me.
A perfect thing would be what I described in the first mail: snippets (or a script) with table structure and some text, but also with variables providing that number written in newly inserted table is increased by one, and current date is written into the table. (Number and date in one particular table than has to stay fixed, while new tables are added above).

Tablas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back