Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automating a PCAnywhere File Transfer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulhthomas

Technical User
Apr 5, 2005
GB
Hi, does anyone know if there is a way of automating a PCANywhere file transfer?
To give a bit of background, a customer of ours has no internet access to their anti virus defintions have to be updated manually.
The only way we have access to the network is through pcanywhere, we can't run to any servers so can't ciopy files across that way or via the command line.

Any help greatly appreciated

Upgrade to Pcanywhere 11 and the command que will allow that via windows scheduler.

There may be another way but I have 11 and have experimented with backing up folders using it.

Bo

Kentucky phone support-
"Mash the Kentrol key and hit scape."

thanks very much, will have to see if they fancy upgrading now.
Actually, will I need to upgrade the version of the server or just my local version that I use to connect to their network?

The one that will be running the command que will be the one that needs upgrading.

Bo

Kentucky phone support-
"Mash the Kentrol key and hit scape."

I have some issues with file transfer using pcanywhere.
The file tranfer app just hangs and then the session
disconnects automatically after the timeout. Any ideas
or suggestions.

Thanks in advance

The only time I've seen this happen is when using command queues to open a session and transfer files, when there's already a remote control session going on.

This the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back