Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automaticly Verify Electronic Signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chim

MIS
Jun 2, 2003
US
Can adobe be setup to automatically verify electronic signatures in a PDF without the need to import each signer’s certificate into the Adobe store?

This is exactly how Acrobat verifies signatures - it compares the id of the signature to the one in the 'trusted certificates' list, and if it finds a match then the sig is verified. It would be impossible to verify a signature as valid, if you had not previously confirmed to Acrobat that it was indeed a valid sig.

Ahhhhh, I see you have a machine that goes Bing!

There isn't any way to configure adobe to automatically search a trusted CA server? For example, if I used Verisign certs, is there any way to tell adobe to automatically search the Verisign CA server for a valid certificate?

I am not aware of any server-based certificate validation
products for Acrobat - I am however not well up on the subject, so perhaps one of our forum buddies might like to contribute here.

Ahhhhh, I see you have a machine that goes Bing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back