Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automaticlt running scrips when opening a documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

spence27

Technical User
Feb 2, 2002
GB
HI

I have set up a brio document to retrieve a set of data and then export it and finally close down all when the document is opened but i would like to be able to stop this automatic process from happening in some cases when the report has to be run manually.

I was think the best wa to do this would be to pass in a varriable on the command line such as c:\Testdoc.bqy /M but i cant see any way to access this passed in var.

Could anyone suggest an alternative or provide the missing bit of info i need to make this work

Any help will be appreciated as i am starting to pull my hair out, it seems so simple and yet .........

Found the best answer and that is to put some code in the onStartup event of the document and open the document through brio but holding down the ctrl key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back