Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatically updating a historical report

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwarren

MIS
Sep 10, 2003
GB
Hi There,

I have been trying to do a calculation in the integrated report which does the following and it does not work because you cannot have sums in the integrated reports;

100 * (sum(ACDCALLS + OTHERCALLS) / (sum(INCALLS) - (sum(ABNCALLS1 + ABNCALLS2 +ABNCALLS3)))

This however works in the historical report but when I put this into a custom report with some other real time reports because it is a historical report it is not updated every half an hour automatically.

My question is how/is there a way I get this report to refresh every half hour in order to show me a true figure for the day so far??

Please help :)

I changed it to this and it seems to work, I assume it's because the integrated report does the sum for you.

((ACDCALLS + OTHERCALLS) / INCALLS) - (ABNCALLS1 + ABNCALLS2 + ABNCALLS3

You can't use the 100 * to get the format you want though.

- Stinney

Quoting only proves you know how to cut and paste.

Hi Stinney,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried this format but the query seems to error when I try to run the report :(

Is there anyway of automating the historical report if I can't get the report to do what I need?

Thanks

What type of report are you trying to run this against? VDN, SKILL, VECTOR, TRUNK? INCALLS is only availble in VDN, VECTOR and TRUNK. ABNCALLS1,2,3 are only available in VDN and SKILL.

Given the fields you are trying to use, I assumed it was a VDN report and was able to get it to run.

The only way I know of to automate it is to create a script and then use Windows Scheduler. But I think this will re-open the report each time it runs the report. Otherwise, you will need to find a

- Stinney

Can integrated data be retrived via ODBC so we have are able to calculate a real time version of this calcualtion - aggregated in a query (not within CMS)

100 * (sum(ACDCALLS + OTHERCALLS) / (sum(INCALLS) - (sum(ABNCALLS1 + ABNCALLS2 +ABNCALLS3)))

This calulation provides the company I'm working for with a Pick Up Rate. And it's the sum of multiple VDN's.

Unfortunately, no, integrated and real-time data is not available using ODBC.

- Stinney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back