Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatically position text window / Dual monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

stroyer74

IS-IT--Management
Jan 22, 2003
US
Running AutoCAD 2004 on dual monitor WinXP Pro workstations.

Some of our custom buttons will cause the text window to pop up; we are able to switch it back to the drawing screen by using the "graphscr" command.

Example: ^C^C-dimstyle r standard -layer s dim1 ;graphscr

This works fine if I am working from the primary screen. However, if I have a copy of AutoCAD open on my secondary screen and use this custom button, the text window shows up on the primary screen. When the "graphscr" portion of the command executes, the focus is changed back to the drawing screen (on the secondary monitor), but the text window stays open on the primary screen.

Is there any way to manually specify where the text window should be positioned? Sometimes we will have AutoCAD open on the primary monitor, sometimes on the secondary, most times a copy of AutoCAD is open on each monitor.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Sheldon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back