Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatically log off users to run compact utiltiy

Status
Not open for further replies.

martyc32

Programmer
Feb 25, 2002
US
Is there a way to program or a tool out there that you could log off users that keep you database open overnight when you are trying to compact the database or update it.
THANKS A LOT!

use 'advanced' search in these fora with keyword/ topic "boot users".

Some of it is not all that hard - but it does require pre-planning and can raise other issues. Such as WHY in THIS world do you (anyyou) need to compact a db in the midst of working session(s)? And HOW are you setting up the db to operate -it is OBVIOUSLY a multiuser app, so have you (properly split the FE/BE and deployed the FE to individual desktops? If you have, how are you doing hte maintenance for the FEs? ...

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

Searching for employment in all the wrong places

I just posted a description of how I do this in another thread. If you check my recent threads you'll find one about making changes to a back end database. It's in there. THere are plenty of threads here about writing code to kick out users.

Jeremy

==
Jeremy Wallace
AlphaBet City Dataworks
Affordable Development, Professionally Done

Please post in the appropriate forum with a descriptive subject; code and SQL, if referenced; and expected results. See thread181-473997 for more pointers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back