Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatically download attached files from MS Outlook when new email

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed

Programmer
Jun 14, 2005
US
Hi,

Is there a way to automatically download attachedment files from Microsoft Outlook and save it on a filesystem in some specified folder. I want to automatically download attached files when a new email arrives in Microsoft Outlook. Is it possible to achieve this using java.

Thanks

I don't think you can interface with Microsft Outlook, because it is a client, not a server, but you can interface with the server (if Exchange, then via LDAP, or if it is via POP3 or IMAP, then via those protocols).

--------------------------------------------------
Free Java/J2EE Database Connection Pooling Software

Or write a Visual Basic macro on the client.

Cheers,
Dian

How can I download attachments from MS Exchange Server. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Writing a VB macro on the client is definitely the way to go. I did something similar to this to allow me to run a program or script on my PC when a specially crafted email arrives in my inbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back