Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatically Delete voicemails for specific users 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam07

Technical User
Oct 7, 2022
CA
Hello,

I have a R11.1.2.3 IPO with C110 Voicemail module. My client needs to delete voicemails for certain group of users after 2-3 days or so. The vmpro housekeeping option is a system wide setup.. Is there a workaround to automatically delete voicemails for certain users?

Don't believe there is a way to delete voicemails for specific users automatically, only system-wide.

Customer needs to stop being lazy or have them send it to email only and let them housekeep it.

Thank you for your input ..It would be a very good to have as you may have occasional users that you need to regularly delete their voicemails

You can put in a request to Avaya but they will ask:"How many more systems can we sell if we spend $100.000 on programmers hours to make this work?"

If it is not something that everyone wants then they will not do it. I don't know any system that actually can do that.

What you can do it you can use the VoicemailPro Client and go to Users and right click and clear the mailboxes then send an email to the users that they have to redo their name and greetings as it was deleted because their messages were not deleted and the mailbox reset.
That will teach them to go in there and delete them themselves after a few times :)

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Thank you Westi.. It tells me that the IP Office is NOT Motel friendly. My client has 250+ users at least of 150 rooms.. Guests normally leave their rooms after 2-3 nights .. The voicemail is enabled for them and my client needed a way to delete all "guests" messages every 24 hours or so.

Also I wasn't able to find a way to recycle / Import block of Auth codes upon checking out..

you never said Motel or Hotel :)

you can connect a hotels CRM system to the IPO and it can take care of the messages but by itself it is not doing it.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

I am also not sure how many of your customers are actually still using the room phones as I heard from several hoteliers that they have next to no calls any more because every guest has a cell.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Thank you Westi for the great advise.. Yeah it is mainly a Family shelter (most of them don't have cell phones) ..
The client currently has a Genesys server for call accounting/SMDR but I don't think it is CRM capable. I'll tell them about this CRM solution(Maybe ZOHO from what I googled) but still need to do some more research prior to recommending anything :)

Voicemails is a must for the guests .. I wish I could ..lol

Its could be done automatically anyway, as you've said yourself several times now its typically 2-3 days, so any script to do it after 2 days will often be wrong, ditto to do it after 3 days.

The only option if you can get a proper hospitality system installed (there are several that have been tested with IP Office) is to use the VMPro client. It lets you right-click on a mailbox and clear it. That's the only way to track people leaving and clearing their mailbox behind them.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Not sure if they are around still but look at Duvoice. its designed exactly for this and works great. I have done a bunch of them.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

Thank you Kevin and Sizbut .. Great hints. I 've been reading some integration doc about DuVoice, it seems to be exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back