Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatically asp script 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehms

Programmer
Jul 3, 2003
AE
Hello all...

i am creating an application that checks the persons birth date against todays date, this is run every 24 hours automatically. If it is the same day and month, then a "Happy Birthday" email is automatically sent to that person.

My problem is that how can i make the asp script run every 24 hours automatically? i read about Cron but i have a Windows server.... i also read about using WSH and task scheduler but my hosting provider wont allow it. is there any other mehtod that i could do this by?

Thanks...
Haytham

to marks point websites are not automated schedulers, they are meant for human interaction. what you require is an automated service.

that said there is a way to simulate a windows service via asp.net check out this article. it's very through and concidered an advanced topic (at least to me).

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

Thank you guys....

jmeckly that article is really useful... i will implement it and let you know the results...

thanks again..
Haytham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back