Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automaticall gain access to a low security server program on statrtup

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjwoody

Technical User
Apr 12, 2012
US
I have an XP pc connected to our server. This PC simply has to display one information page 24/7.
Occasionally if we loose power the PC re-starts and sits at the normal windows screen waiting for instruction.
I want to be able to put its Icon in the STARTUP menu so that when the PC re-starts it will open IE go to the relevant server IP (I can do the by making it the I home page) and then Input user and password automatically so it will then display the info page.
Problem is that currently whenever this happens I need to go and get the mouse & KB to input username & Password (Which never changes).
The PC is in a locked area and the keyboard and mouse are removed, the particular user we have assigned has NO other privileges except to display the one page.. so security is not an issue.
Please help my make a script or bat file or whatever so that it will automatically input user & password.
I am good with .bat files but its been a while and know very little about VBScript.
I would appreciate any help to resolve this issue. I did try to use autolt but was very inconsistent and only 1 in 3 tries would complete the process.
Thanks Woody

Its accessing a proprietary program located on out server... there is no option to get past the login without a password.

Also ...its that particular login that is why it starts in a particular screen and is also how we are able to give it such low security. If we had no login then the entir multi user program would be open to anyone on the network with the ability to totally destroy the operation, even if by mistake.

If you use a browser that has the ability to run GreaseMonkey scripts, you could script the login. I know Firefox can run GM, and I know that Chrome can run GM scripts, but I don't know about Safari or IE.

Hope this helps,
Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

[blue]@[/blue] Code Couch:
[blue]@[/blue] Twitter:
The Out Atheism Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back