Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic workstation import with Zenworks 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhea

MIS
Aug 7, 2001
US
I having trouble with AWI. It was wroking in the test environment.
wsreg32.log shows the following error
WSREG-v3.0 This log file is reporting activity on a UNKNOWN_EVENT event.
WSREG-v3.0 While contacting the Work Station Import Service, an error -1 was encountered, and error description <No import policy found.> was report

I ran the zenwsimp.exe -debug and the zenwsimp.log file gives me the following error message
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException [Root exception is com.novell.service.jncp.NDSException: ccode = -601 (0xfffffda7)

Did any one came across this problem. Please help.

Thanks

Do you have an entry in a host file or some other name resolution for the import server?

firstly have you actually set up the workstation import policy?

secondly are you sure the import service is running on the server? if your not sure type java -showall at the system console to see if it is running

also try a ping on from a workstation to the import server to make sure it can be seen

regards... spaceuk@hotmail.com

Hi all.

I am having a problem with Zenworks 3.2 and Windows 2000 Restricted User workstations. The NAL or NALEXPLD will not run on the workstations in this environment. Yes, if I log in as the administrator of the workstations, the NAL runs fine.

Can someone point me to what I have to do to allow NAL to run for Windows 2000 Restricted Users? What files or folders of the workstation is NAL exactly trying to access when it runs? Giving Admin rights to the workstations is the LAST option I would be willing to implement.

Thanks.
ZS.

Can u ping zenwsimport from the workstation? If you can this tends to be the main issue to get the workstation imported. Lee Smith
Associated Network Services
Snr Systems Engineer
Lee.Smith@ANSPLC.Com

I'm getting this message, too. I found something on Novell which recommends updating the Winsock files, but, I'm running 4.11 and ZFD 3.2, and not using Winsock.

Also, I get the error on only one server...

Did you ever find an answer

Folks,

The answer is as follows:

1: Ensure that the policies are set up and are located in the correct parts of your NDS tree. Note that the policy serach order is CRITICAL to the success of this.

2: Ensure that you workstation manager is set to trust policies from the correct tree (i.e. not your test environment)

3: The winsock error can pertain to a couple of things, the most likely is to do with policies, the second is that it is unable to contact the service. ZENWSImport must be registered in your DNS. Ensure that you can ping the service.

4: The server hosting ZenWorks must be running JVM 1.1.7b at the very least, I would actually recommend that you run 131.Much better version.

5: Try an manual run from the c:\windows\system32 directory of wsreg.exe. Check the wsreg file at the root of c:. If the same error is being generate on a manual registration command, ensure that you have not blocked any policies (if you are running from a different container).

IF you have a more specific problem, send me a copy of your NDS tree (prefer cut and paste in a word document) and I will have a quick squizz and see if I can help you any further.

Policies being set incorrectly are the general cause of this problem.

Good luck.

Zen

what version of the client is on the workstation? Try upgrading to the latest client doing a custom install and selecting the workstation manager.

Also double check to make certain that the server is running the import service, and the policy is setup and associated to that server.

ZENWorks 3.2 + Windows 2000 Advanced Server with Citrix Metaframe

Hi,

we want to Use Policys for the Terminal Server.

Problem ... only the last logged in User Policy Works.

Please Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back