Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic updates but not SP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwb

Programmer
Jul 11, 2002
GB
If I have a machine where I switch on automatic updates, it will get updates as and when the updates come available. As I understand it, the service packs are just all these updates packaged together. So it is possible that machine may have all the SP updates and post SP updates without the service pack level being set or is there something special that you get with service packs that you don't get with the automated updates?

So it is possible that machine may have all the SP updates and post SP updates without the service pack level
I don't know if that is possible or not, but how could you tell, so best to have it on there for sure.

See what the machine tells you. It's either the original release OR SP1. Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System and see what it says. If it doesn't say "Service Pack 1", you need to download the stand-alone version of that and install it and then see what other updates you get.

Link

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back