Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

automatic updae

Status
Not open for further replies.

bxmakin

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2001
US
Forgive me but it seems like I am missing something very obvious. I am trying to setup automatic updates on my win2k pro workstation and I did set it up to automatically download and install according to the schedule. All this under a user who belongs to the administrator group. The process starts and it opens up IE and scans the computer but stops at "Review and install patches". I will like it to go ahead and install the patches automatically as configured. So am I missing something, I am completely at loss.

Thx,

bx

Hi Bxmaking

You pick Control panel. There you find Automatic Update (has a globe with a flag on it). Enable it with the mark (upper part of the box) and for your own sake, let it notify you before installing.

You cant make your own task with the IEplorer cause it requires user intervention.

Automatic Update starts whenever your line is idle and stops (or pauses if it is downloading) when you uses it again. Therefor you will not experience performance

Kindly regards
Claus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back